- This event has passed.
“Donut Worry Be Happy Sundays” Group Run
January 20 @ 9:15 am - 10:00 am
“Donut Worry Be Happy Sundays” is a fun four-mile scenic route through Salem – rain or shine. Runners meet at the Salem Commons entrance by the Hawthorne Hotel (in case of rain – under the hotel canopy). We welcome all paces and abilities! This is an untimed “you do you” run – feel free to stay with the group, cut the route short, make the route longer, do a tempo run, walk/run etc. The most important thing to keep in mind if you get separated from the pack, is to join us at In A Pig’s Eye at 10am for “refueling.” (Beer, bloodies, pancakes… this run is just a clever ruse to make unwise dietary decisions and socialize with your fellow runners).
(Um, so what’s the deal with the donuts? We used to meet up at 62 when they had a home-made donut and cocktail bar on Sundays. Sadly, that no longer exits – but we kept the name out of convenience/laziness. And of course, the “spirit of the donut” lives on in all of us).
Here is a link to the course:
Check out the Facebook page!
- Head through the Salem Commons and onto Andrew St
- Cross Webb St and head onto the bike/pedestrian path along Collins Cove
- Continue onto Szeteka Ln/Memorial Dr
- Continue onto Restaurant Row (past Dead Horse Beach) and take the pedestrian path around Willows Park
- Exit Willows Park onto Beach Ave
- Turn left onto Bay View Ave
- Turn left onto Columbus Ave
- Continue down Fort Ave
- Continue onto Derby St
- Turn left into the Salem Maritime Park entrance
- Head to the lighthouse, turn around to come back and end at the Friendship for 4.0miles. (Or you can just stop at the Friendship for 3.5miles)