The volunteer station registration opens for the 2018 BAA Boston Marathon. This is an exciting opportunity with limited spots reserved for Wicked Running Club members in good standing. As in previous years, this will be first-come, first-served, with preference given to those who have previously volunteered.
2018 BAA Boston Marathon Volunteer Station Registration Instructions
1. Click here to access the 2018 application starting on January 4th, 2018 (NOTE: the link is not active until Thursday morning).
2. Choose between registering as a new volunteer or log-in with your B.A.A. Volunteer Loyalty Number.
3. If you have previously volunteered, you will likely receive a separate email from the BAA with your Volunteer Loyalty Number.
4. Complete your personal information and navigate to the next page.
5. Choose “join an existing group” when prompted, type in “Wicked” and enter the pass code found in your club email – this step is key to making sure your volunteer assignment is correct.
6. Complete the rest of the application and submit, making sure to complete the process by obtaining an on-screen confirmation number. Please note the registration deadline is February 7th, 2018.
If you have questions regarding volunteering, please be in touch with Brant Henne. I will follow up with all confirmed volunteers at the end of the registration window.
Two friendly reminders before signing up:
1. This opportunity is for Wicked Members first and foremost. If we are unable to fill spots with members, we will extend the invitation beyond to family members or lapsed members towrds the end of the registration period. To ensure your loved ones can join you for volunteering, individual and family memberships are the most reliable and appreciated option.
2. Please take a note of the date of the Marathon: Monday, April 16 from approximately 8:15 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. Please make sure you don’t have any potential conflicts. Volunteers are ID’d and the opportunity is non-transferrable. That means if you have a business trip, bachelor party, etc. that conflicts, we lose a volunteer spot.